Quiz #10 -- Echinodermata & Molluscs
1. From the Greek: a) What 2 Greek words do echinodermata come from; and, b) What do they mean?
2. What is the juvenile (planktonic) symmetry like for echinoderms?
3. What is unusual about the symmetry of adult echinoderms?
4. If an echinoderm is injured, what can it do that most other species cannot do?
5. All about STARFISH: a) What do starfish like to eat? b) What is the name of the sea urchin calcerous skeleton? c) Starfish can do something unusual with their stomach. What can they do? d) Where does this phylum mostly appear?
6. ECHINODERMS: a) List 4 characteristics of echinoderms.
7. MOLLUSCS: a) What mineral do molluscs extract from the water to make their shells? b)What does the “mantle” of the mollusc do? c) What does the “radula” do? d) What is the operculum? e) What is a gastropod? Give an example; f) What is a bivalve? Give an example; g) What is a cephalopod? Give an example.
8. SQUID: a) What 2 things does a squid do to protect itself? b) What is the nickname for the squid?