Review Notes for the Chapter #1 Physics Test
1. Know at least 2 units of measurement for each of the following:
speed, distance, time, velocity, momentum, & acceleration (no English units allowed!)
2. Know the formulas for solving problems that deal with speed, momentum, and acceleration. Also, be able
to rearrange the formulas to solve for other variables (Distance?, Time?, Mass?, Velocity?, Final Velocity?)
3. Know the gravity constant for Earth. -----> 9.8 m/sec/sec
4. Be able to handle word problems that deal with speed, momentum, and acceleration. Use the web
study guides to PRACTICE! Print out the web tests, fill out the 5 steps, then log back in to the web
pages to check your answers!
5. Review frame of reference problems involving airplanes, skateboards, and cars. Go back in the
text book and review the ones we have talked about.
6. Be able to discuss amusement park rides in terms of speed, velocity, and acceleration. In particular,
focus on the one called a "Gravitron."