Forces – Chapter 11 – Quiz Questions #4
pp. 380 - 382
- Define the word FORCE.
- What are the four FUNDAMENTAL FORCES?
- Give two examples of FIELD FORCES.
- What are BALANCED FORCES?
- What are UNBALANCED FORCES?
- Do balanced forces change motion?
- What is the NET FORCE acting on a piano if ….. a) two students are each putting a force of 100N on the piano from the same side, or b) if the students are pushing from opposite sides of the piano?
- Using BALANCED or UNBALANCED to describe the forces you would prefer, consider these examples and state why you chose your answer: a) Building a house, b) Riding your bicycle, c) Sitting on top of a fence, d) Riding a roller coaster.
- When an object is at rest, are any forces acting upon it? Explain.