Gravity – Chapter 12 – Quiz Questions #3
pp. 403 - 406
- How are weight and mass related?
- What is “weight?”
- How do you calculate “weight” on the moon?
- What is the unit of measurement for “weight?”
- What is the difference between “mass” and “weight?”
- Using the table on page 404 and the paragraph beside it, calculate the weight of a 66kg person on a) Earth, b) Venus, c) Mars, d) Neptune, and e) the moon.
- What is the Law of Universal Gravitation?
- Why can you feel the presence of gravity between you and the Earth, but not between you and a pencil?
- Gravity is dependent on two factors. What are they?
- As the distance between two objects decreases, the force of gravity between them ……
- What happens to the gravitational force between two objects if their masses do not change but the distance between them becomes 4 times as much?
- The weight of an object varies with the ______________________________.