Momentum – Chapter 12 – Quiz Questions #6
pp. 414 - 417
- Define the word “momentum.”
- What is the formula for momentum?
- To what two quantities is momentum proportional?
- When you apply a force to an object, do you change its momentum?
- Why do modern cars have “crumple zones?”
- State the Law of Conservation of Momentum and give an example.
- The mass of a ball is 2kg. The ball is moving at 5 m/s. What is the momentum of the ball?
- Other than providing a soft surface on which to land in an automobile collision, what is the REAL purpose of automobile air bags?