Efficiency – Quiz Questions
pp. 459 - 461
- What is a perpetual motion machine?
- Define the word “EFFICIENCY.”
- What is the formula for efficiency?
- Efficiency is measured in what unit?
- Why is no machine 100% efficient?
- Why do all machines need energy input?
- You are on a swing. Occasionally you need a push to keep going. Why?
- In an experiment you roll a ball down a ramp and measure Potential and Kinetic Energy. You find that the values for kinetic energy are always just a little less than the values for potential energy. Did you do the experiment wrong? Why or why not?