Energy – Quiz Questions
pp. 444 - 452
- Define energy.
- Define potential energy.
- Define kinetic energy.
- What is the formula for determining potential energy?
- What is the formula for determining kinetic energy?
- Using PE for potential energy, and KE for kinetic energy, list the PE and KE for a roller coaster car at the top of its first hill and then at the bottom of the hill.
- What type of energy is found in a match before it is struck?
- Define mechanical energy.
- What organism is able to turn light energy into chemical energy?
- Explain the energy transformation when wood is burned.
- Water storage tanks are usually built on towers or hilltops. Why?