Work – Quiz Questions
pp. 431 – 432
- Define the word “WORK.”
- Are you doing “work” when an object is not moving?
- What is the formula to determine work?
- In the formula for work, what unit of measurement is used for FORCE?
- What is the SI unit for work?
- One Newton lifted one meter = how many units of work?
- If you are given the mass of an object and the distance it is moved, what would the resulting formula for work be?
- You are standing in the gym holding a set of barbells above your head. Are you doing any work?
- Three children are struggling to move a large rock, After much effort, they manage to move the rock one centimeter. Have they done any work?
- A machine takes 50 units of work to lift an 8 Newton rock 5 meters. How many units of work are expended as heat?