Changes in State – Chapter 3 – Quiz Questions #2
pp. 82 - 88
1. Give the three different states of water and at what temperature these changes occur.
2. Define EVAPORATION.
3. If you evaporated water dyed with green food coloring, would the condensation you
recovered from the evaporated water still be green? Why or why not?
4. Define SUBLIMATION.
5. What form of precipitation occurs due to sublimation?
6. Under what conditions will dry ice (carbon dioxide) sublimate?
7. Define CONDENSATION.
8. Under what conditions might it possible for carbon dioxide (a gas at room temperature) to
become a liquid?