Types of Volcanoes – Chapter 10 – Quiz Questions #3
pp. 215 - 220
1. What two ingredients in magma affect the type of explosion and shape of a volcano?
2. Under what conditions will magma be very thick and sticky?
3. Describe what a shield volcano’s eruption is like. Then describe a composite volcano’s eruption.
a. shield volcano eruption:
b. composite volcano eruption:
4. Compare and contrast these items:
5. For each of the following statements, indicate which volcano is being described:
a. a cone composed of layers --
b. forms in calderas --
c. forms from a buildup of lava on the ocean floor --