Plate Boundaries – Chapter 8 – Quiz Questions #3
pp. 167 - 173
1. What are the three types of plate boundaries and what does each do in relation to other plate boundaries?
2. What kind of boundary is a mid-ocean ridge?
3. What is pillow lava and where is it found?
4. What is a place (on land) where divergent boundaries can be found? Give an example of a divergent boundary on land.
5. What happens when ocean plates come together? What landform does this event create?
6. What two (2) features of a plate determine whether a plate will subduct under another plate?
7. Which is more buoyant, a continental plate or oceanic plate?
8. What happens when two continental plates collide? Give an example of continents colliding today.
9. Why are transform faults harder to find than divergent and convergent boundaries?
10. What are three clues to finding transform faults?